Thursday, July 16, 2009

Learn from a dog

I have 9 dogs. i have learnt a lot from them. Lot more than what i did from all these years of advertising. They taught me to whimper. Whine. And get their way. I have fought. Screamed. Cajoled and still didn't get my way with clients. They know how to get attention. They know how to get things done without saying a word. And all this without losing their cool. I have never seen them get upset with me. They just follow 3 rules. Selfless. Love. Persistent. And voila!

There's no substitute to those droopy eyes. And the soft whimper which says, "OK... give it to me whenever you want..." There's no ego. No angst. Just pure love and devotion.

Are we persistent and passionate enough about what we want? We lose our cool. Get our ego block our vision. If only i could be as good as my kids... what can i say? I am learning... still learning to whimper.

And this will be my whimper to the world. Hope there are enough bones out there.

1 comment:

  1. Kutton ki kahaniya. Makes sense though to find parables like these.
    Or else, reality is confusing, warped, and icreasingly senseless.

    ReplyDelete